Your privacy is one of our main concerns at Tintila Mocanu Radulescu SCA (hereinafter referred to as “TMR”). Consequently, we take all necessary precautions to ensure that any process of your personal data shall be made with the full observance of the legal framework regulating data protection, including, inter alia, EU Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”). As per GDPR, personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person which is a person that can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
CATEGORIES OF PROCESSED PERSONAL DATA
We will collect the following personal data:
- Contact information (name, position, company or organization, contact details (e-mail, telephone, postal address));
- Business information: data identifying you in relation to matters on which you instruct us or in which you are involved;
- Information in connection with investigations and proceedings;
- Additional information processed in consideration of a contractual relationship with TMR (billing address, bank account, payment information, instructions);
- Special categories of data such as information regarding health, information on political opinions or religious beliefs, information regarding trade union membership, information on criminal record in case: (i) the consent of the subject has been obtained; (ii) we have a legal obligation to process such data; (iii) processing is necessary for exercising or defending legal claims.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Provision of the legal services, including legal representation before courts of law, arbitration courts, prosecution offices or any other competent authorities;
- Managing and administrating the business relationship with you, your company or organization, including keeping records about business contracts, services and payments;
- Communication: sending e-mails, newsletters and other messages to keep you informed on legal developments and on our services;
- Regulatory: compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For any purpose additional or ancillary to any of the above or for any other purpose for which your personal data were provided to us, in compliance with the applicable law.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We give great care to your personal data and we do not share it with third parties, except:
- Law enforcement and regulatory authorities in accordance with the legal requirements and good practice rules;
- Courts of law or arbitration panels;
- Other law firms or legal professionals with whom we collaborate for the purpose of providing the legal assistance services;
- Your company or organization in respect of providing the legal assistance services;
- Third parties in the context of an acquisition or transfer of any part of our business or in connection with the business reorganization;
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
As a general rule, we keep your personal data as long as needed for the provision of the legal assistance services and for complying with the regulatory or reporting obligations or for dealing with claims. In case the personal data is not collected in the context of a legal assistance agreement, such data will be kept for as long as necessary in order to achieve the purpose of the respective data collection.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the following rights in relation to the processing of your personal data:
- Right to access: at any time, you are entitled to find out if we are processing your data and also request access to your personal data.
- Right to correction: you are entitled to request the correction of any incomplete or inaccurate personal data we hold.
- Right to erasure: you can request us to delete or remove personal data we hold in certain circumstances (e.g. the data is no longer necessary for the purposes in relation to which was collected).
- Right to restriction: you can request the suspension of processing of certain personal data (e.g. in case you want to establish the accuracy or the reason for processing it).
- Right to objection: you can, at any time, object to the further processing of your personal data within the limits set forth by the regulatory framework.
- Right to consent: in the cases where we are processing personal data with consent, you can withdraw your consent.
You may exercise any of the rights mentioned above by sending a request to Tintila Mocanu Radulescu SCA, Bucharest, 2, Octavian Goga Bd., CCIR Business Center, 3rd floor, office 10, 3rd District or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, you may lodge a complaint with the Romanian supervisory authority: National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Protection located in Bucharest, 30, Gheorghe Magheru Bd., 1st District.